Saturday, August 30, 2008

Red Light and Shooting Star....

Time: 6:30 PM
Date: 26 Aug 2008
Place: Sony world signal, Bangalore
Traffic condition: Normal (means bad)

Among the many people waiting for signal to turn green, I am looking at sky. May be hopeless in that grid of traffic. Looking at sky is always a relief. There is no hush there, no jam... may be some birds going back to their adobe, still sky is silent like a monk. It is almost same everyday. Clouds come and go but its vastness gives it unique quality of having all in it and still remain empty.

Sky today is not much different. I am looking at some distant corner, I dont feel like looking anyone near by. Suddenly... I see a shooting star from nowhere. It came, lived its moment of glories and vanished nowhere.

A shooting star... Time to wish a wish. I close my eyes and wish something, that wish wont come true I know deep inside. Still who knows? and wishing is not going to cost me anything.

A sudden realization... I am a product of 18 years of education, how can I believe in shooting stars and wish coming true? Wait... that wasn't a star also. May be some asteroid who came so near to earth that it started burning due to friction... I know I know.

But what if it was not a star? It was bright for that moment bright enough to make it shine like a star... bright enough to make people believe it as a star... bright enough so people can make a wish.

Wishing a wish. It will give someone a hope that his wish will come true. For that moment he might forget how real the world his but his wish will come true. So what if it wasnt a star?

Or it was a star? For that moment, for that person... for me. A star of hope. And it burnt itself for that hope... whatelse you need from a star?

A sudden void is filling me from inside. Am I a star for someone? may be for a moment only... may be I can give him a dream... do i have the guts to burn myself to give someone a smile? Can I be a star for some one for some moments?

That thought is enough to make me take notice of signal which is turning yellow. The best thing I can do now to race till next signal... I know that shooting star is laughing at me... and i am going to hide away in crowd.

No comments: